BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 18, 2010

Traveling Luke

Last Sunday, Luke and I headed to Evansville to spend a few days with my mom and Marc for my mom's birthday. It worked out that they moved into their new house that weekend, so we got to stay there for the first time and try to help them, but I think we just made more messes for them! We had a lot of fun, but we really missed Brandon!!! We got to see Luke's cousin Trayce and meet some of my friends as well. We even stopped at my moms work on the way home so she could show him off!
When we got home on Wednesday afternoon, Luke started in on his 2 day fussy binge. I didn't sleep on Tuesday or Wednesday night, so by Thursday, Luke and I were both a mess! The pediatrician had told us to call her if we didn't see any improvement with Luke's fussiness, pooping, and puking. So, I called first thing Thursday. She had us go to the hospital to get an ultrasound done on Luke to make sure that there were no blockages in his digestive system. The good news was he was just fine. The bad news, we still had no leads for the discomfort Luke seemed to be in. After the ultrasound we went over to the pediatricians office so she could see Luke and give us some options on what to do next. Luke weighed in at 9 pounds 2 ounces!!!!! Even though he seems to throw up everything he takes in, he is still getting enough calories to grow!!
The pediatrician has us giving Luke one bottle a day with some karo syrup to help him go the bathroom! It is working!!!! He had good/normal stools on Saturday and Sunday!!! I never thought I would be so happy to see baby poop!!!! He is also continuing to take his zantac in hopes we will soon see results! She also suggested, that since there isn't really a cure for colic babies, that we get as much help as possible and take lots of breaks, so we don't loose our minds! A big thank you to Aunt Christina for coming to my rescue Thursday and helping me survive the rest of the day! Also on Friday, Aunt Christina and Grandpa and Grandma McNeely watched Luke while Brandon and I went to dinner and a movie! Thank you for a much needed getaway!!!!
Luke has started to get a little sleeping schedule started during the night with the help of sleeping on his belly. He is now waking up 2-3 times during the night to eat and be changed. He will lay down and put himself to sleep while listening to his doggy, Scout sing and talk to him!
Yesterday, Brandon, Luke, and I headed to Covington to my dads for supper where Luke got to meet his Great Uncle Troy and see more of his family. It was a quick trip, but we were still able to give Luke the tour of where mommy and daddy's story began! :)
I have been really bad about taking pictures of Luke on my phone instead of our camera where I can upload them on here, so I don't have a recent photo of our growing boy, but I promise to post some soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment